Scheib Legal provides restructuring and insolvency law expertise, arising from extensive experience with:
- financial institutions, on both secured and unsecured situations
- restructuring debtors
- major CCAA, CBCA and cross-border restructuring matters – whether as primary counsel or as local Quebec correspondent counsel working with other Canadian and international law firms
- directors and officers (D&Os)
- Court-appointed officers (including bankruptcy trustees, receivers, proposal trustees, monitors and CROs)
- distressed M&A: buy- and sell-side asset sales
- claims trading and secondary loan market deals
- insolvency-related litigation, including in respect of contested insolvency proceedings, preferential payment claims, and D&O liability matters
- real security enforcement, including real estate mortgage/ hypothec foreclosure and other remedies
- trade/ unsecured creditor issues, in respect of all manner of different industries and situations
Nick acquired excellent training and worked closely from the outset of his career with Max Mendelsohn and more generally in a leading national restructuring law practice group, with McMillan LLP.
In addition to acting on some of Canada’s largest restructuring proceedings and corporate litigation cases of the last decade for the most prominent parties involved, Nick also acquired ample experience with more modest-sized matters – where his professional expertise, coupled with a keen sense of practicality, deal-making and efficiency – allowed Nick’s clients to reach the most optimal of results.